Sunday, May 17, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday - Following My Muse

Sunday, my day to relax and stitch.  At least that is usually the plan.  Today I plan on working on this mini quilt that I made yesterday, in between doing other things around the house.... like gardening, cooking, etc. 
If  you read Julie's blog, Pink Doxies, you may have seen her post earlier this week about "She Loves You' blocks from the book Quilt Lovely by Jen Kingwell.  The block was so sweet, I knew I just had to lock to door so the Quilt Police wouldn't find me.. and make one of these blocks...or two. :-)
This was actually the second block I made.... of course when following your muse you always have to make more than just one. :-)
First attempt was good... but I didn't like the way the top of the heart looked.  Fabric selections needed to be better thought out.  You can see I am thinking of a light purple border... but not decided yet.
Third block was also good.. but my favorite is still the second one.  Which do you think works best?

Take a trip over to Pink Doxies to check out Julie's various versions of this block and what her final choice was.  I just love her fabric choices.  Thanks for the inspiration, Julie!!  These were a lot of fun and one will be a perfect gift for a girlfriend that will be moving south in the near future. 

I am linking up this Sunday at Kathy's Quilts Slow Stitching Sunday.  Stop over to see what other slow stitching is going on today.

Happy Stitching,

Deb

15 comments:

  1. All the blocks are gorgeous, but I love the second one... I am biased by the amazing hand quilting shots :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitches for a beautiful Log Cabin block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching adds just the right texture Sue. Where would we be without our slow stitiching?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Deb! I really like the one you have already started to hand quilt with the aqua border but I'm sure your friend will love whatever you make for her. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitches on my favorite of the three... but then again - frame and stitch them and they will all be beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your heart block is lovely! I think there's a trick to making it all work out by using prints which are very saturated, and not full of whites and light backgrounds. You pulled it off expertly. So glad I gave you the little inspiration for some selfish sewing today.

    I'm wondering how you're finding the directions in the book? Some of us out here are having a bit of a problem with diagrams on one page with directions on the next, etc., and just the tiniest bit confusing instructions. What about your experience?

    Julie @ Pink Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! All of them are great. I know the feeling of when you must make something no matter what. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all great but I think the second is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that type of day---ignore the world and go and play with fabric. Your log cabin hearts are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun blocks! Love the scrappiness factor.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous choice of fabrics. Love your little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I think they're all so sweet -the third one is my favourite. I like the look of the new Jen Kingwell book,
    had a peep at it on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what a great Log Cabin twist. I absolutely adore Log Cabins. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...