Monday, May 27, 2013

Working on the second block

I have been working on the Quiltmaker Bride block of the Bountiful Life quilt.  I have to admit, I  have not made a lot of progress over the past few weeks.  But here she is, almost completed.  
There are still plenty of leaves to sew and add to this block.  I am debating if I should embroider her face, or leave it blank.
I did slim her down a bit.  She was quite plump in the original pattern! (I wish someone could just draw me thinner! LOL) 
Yesterday was laundry day...  Lucy decided to help my husband fold the towels......  She thinks we can't see her.
Enjoy your Memorial Day holiday.  And remember the men and women who sacrificed for our country. 

Here is my Sweet Heart for today.

Happy Stitching!

Deb

3 comments:

  1. Your applique is awesome! And that is a wonderful heart block - love the color combo. Lucy looks like she is ready for a nice cozy nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie - thank you for the compliments on my applique. Lucy does involved in most things around here! Thanks for commenting on my blog.

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful block. I, too, wish I could just be drawn slimmer!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...