Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Sewing Day

I think Sunday is my favorite day.  I can spend the day (or at least most of it) in my studio, guilt-free, sewing; or sit with a cup of tea and do some handwork - also a favorite!  Yesterday we awoke to about 8" or 9" of snow.  Not a lot compared to my brother in Connecticut, who got between 25" - 30" of snow.  Thankfully we were spared this time.
My perennial garden.  Doesn't look like much now, but in a few short months the flowers will come alive again with lots of color !
My brothers house along the southern part of Connecticut.  Poor Riley ..... how is she ever going to get out for her walk???  (there is a porch under all that snow ! )  What did the groundhog say last week about Spring?
I am finally caught up on the Sweet Hearts.  Looks like a nice place to sit and stitch for awhile.  Only thing missing is a cup of tea.  Hmmm.. that basket of thread on the floor might be a little too tempting for our girls.  I better go count them to see if any are missing and have been turned into cat toys.
I like this little wire basket.  It is one of several that I got when my favorite quilt shop, Kindred Quilts, closed a couple of months ago.  I miss the shop and the owner.  Toby decide it was time to move onto other things like relaxing! ... and designing.  She has a pattern in the current issue of McCall's Quilting magazine.
Love the colors on the cover of this issue.


I think this will be my heart block for Mardi Gras on Tuesday.  Looks like Mardi Gras colors, no?  The official colors are purple, gold, and green.  I think I picked up this fabric in New Orleans, as a matter of fact.

"Laissez les bons temps rouler"

Happy Stitching!

Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...