Saturday, June 25, 2016

Absence

I'm sorry I have been so absent from blogging lately.  I know some of you have asked where I have been...well I have been here quietly stitching and trying to get things done.  It has been a busy time of year both at work and at home, but I do apolgize for my absence.  

I also have been having trouble uploading photos from Picasa to Blogger or trying to get Google Photos to work.  Is anyone else experiencing these problems?  VERY frustrating.. and what's the point of a quilting blog if I can't show pictures of what I am working on?  Some days I just turn off the computer in frustration and just walk away so I can do more stitching. :-)

Now let me try to bring you up to date on some of the things I have been working on.
 
I finally ... and I really mean FINALLY, finished the applique on my Uncle Sam's Hat table runner and am now working on machine quilting it. 
This came from a  rug design from Minick & Simpson that was in a June 2010 article in BH&G Quilting.  So I have been working on this on and off for 6 years.   Yeeezzz.. time to get it done!
Maybe I can get it done for this July 4th holiday.
I also finished the applique on the red Oak & Reel quilt.  I love the addition of the birds that I made, love seeing birds in quilts. I was going to add a print border to this however, I realized it would make it too large to hang on the wall in my dining room.  So I had to make a decision on the size.  While I usually don't like making design decisions based on where something will 'fit', in this case it made sense.  I will enjoy it much more on the wall than folded on a chair. 
Here is the fabric, Tree of Life my Mary Kovel, that would have been used for the border.  It now will be on the back of the quilt. 

So here are two things I am working on.  If I can get the photo/blogger issues resolved I will be back with more!  But for now, enjoy your weekend!  And if anyone has any suggestions or info on how you edit and upload your photos - I'm all ears!!

If you are on Instagram, you can also see photos of what I am working on.  Follow me there under quiltingartist

Happy Stitching!

Deb


7 comments:

  1. If I had that magazine, I'd probably start a table runner like yours. That's really cute. I was thinking about you the other day. I found a bag with the magazine and some of the fabrics I'd bought to make Candy Cane bouquet after seeing it on your blog long ago. I like the red toile fabric but understand not using it for a border if it won't fit where you've planned. The red and white is pretty as is. I haven't posted in awhile either so don't know about uploading photos. Do you email your photos to your blog post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I still have that magazine, but I might have to go and look. Taking that hooked rug pattern and making it an applique is wonderful. And your Oak and Reel is so beautiful. I like the look without an extra border and the fabric for the backing works so perfectly there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Oak and Reel is stunning and deserves a place on a wall to appreciated every day! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super table runner and the oak leaf is very impressive. I cannot upload frm picassa either but I find the easiest way is to put the photos on my desktop and they are easy to upload from there hope this helps but maybe you are using a tablet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two super quilts! Iv'e always admired the Uncle Sam's Hat Runner! I hear you about the computer stuff... sure would be nice if this "convenience" would run trouble free (or even with less trouble)! Maybe we should just smack an "I'd rather be stitching" label on the keyboard? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wee - what a fun runner! great design.
    Your R&W looks wonderful - happy summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. No apologies needed....I've actually been thinking of taking some of July off...as things in the blog world seem kinda slow. (Everyone too busy playing outside I'm sure!) Love the design of your runner. (Pictures....I upload them to my computer and use...upload them from a picture folder. Hope that helps)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...