Sunday, July 28, 2013

Million Pillowcase Challenge

My girlfriend Marie and I went out to our favorite sewing machine store in Stroudsburg, PA yesterday.  A 45 minute ride - but never long with someone to ride along with you.  The purpose of this trip was to drop off the pillowcases I made for the Million Pillowcase Challenge.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of all of them.. so you'll have to take my word for it that there were 21 of them!  I started them about a year ago.. and like a lot of things, got put aside until last Sunday when I decided they needed to be finished and out of my sewing room.  It felt good to get them done and donated.  Another UFO project off the list and hopefully some comfort to someone else!
While we were there, we took a look at Marie's Sweet Hearts.  She is on row #15 - and it looks great!  Last time I saw this in June, she was only on row #4.  Good work, Marie!
The ladies in the shop were admiring her work.  That is Marie in the white shirt.  And of course while we were there we shopped - not for machines, but for some fabric.  They have a huge selection of machines (I've bought 4 machines from them over the past 20+ years), and fabric in the back of the store.
I needed some 1/4 yard cuts for a baby quilt I want to make.  So as soon as I got home, into the washing machine they went.  I typically don't pre-wash my fabrics, but I do for baby quilts. Greens and brown... what could this be??
You'll have to wait and see!

Happy Stitching!

Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...