Wednesday, January 16, 2013

UFO - Finshed!


 I was so excited to finally finish a UFO last week - a small wallhanging/table topper that I started sometime in the mid - 90's.  Yes, that makes this about 15+ years old.  You will see from the photos that this is a 'christmas-y' looking piece made in maroon and green.  It is hand appliqued using freezer-paper piecing - this predated my knowing how to needle-turn applique!
Here is the piece as it was on New Years Day.  Still had one block to hand quilt and the triangle border to quilt as well.
..And the finished quilt.  I am so happy to finally have it done.  I can't wait to use it next Christmas.  Thank you to Marie for your consult on the binding.  It looks great!

This is the back.  See the machine quilted feather border? Done very easily with Golden Threads pattern tracing paper.
This got me thinking of some other UFOs laying around  here.. or packed away and almost forgotten.
So I made these wonderful 4 inch Lemoyne stars for the corners and will use them with red and white flying geese.  We'll see what I do after that..
We'll see how long this one takes to finish - Hopefully not 15 years...but I think the redwork embroidery is already 5 or 6 years old. 
So many projects and not enough time!
But it is a great feeling when we finally get something completed!  Maybe finishing is not over rated!
Happy Stitching!
Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...