Thursday, December 20, 2012

Where Has the Time Gone? Can it Really Almost be Christmas?!

I'm sorry for my lack of presence on this site. I wish I had a great excuse. I really meant to post right after our trip in October....but the time just flew by!  Now it's almost Christmas... how did that happen?  So, what have I been up to??  Too much to talk about ... our trip to the Panama Canal, Hurricane Sandy, elections, and now those sweet, innocent children in Newtown, CT.  It is hard to grasp everything that has happened in such a short amount of time.
Here is an interesting piece I got in Panama.  They are called molas.  Made by women in the region.  All done with the tiniest applique blanket stitches.
This is an example of the beautiful ox carts made in Sarchi, Costa Rica.  All painted by hand - incredible.  Would make a great quilt!

Here is another smaller mola I made into a small wallhanging adding batiks.


Of course there have been some handmade Christmas presents for some special quilt friends... .shhhhhhh.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  Happy stitching in 2013!

Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...