Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sunny Quiet Morning

A beautiful day here... bright and sunny, but I hear the cicadas singing already so I think it will be another warm day with high humidity.  That is the weather pattern we have been in - with afternoon showers.  The garden could use the water!

I am working on finishing a long table runner I have made for my nephew Sean and his new wife, Katie.  They were married in January in Washington, DC and we are having a wedding celebration for them this weekend at my brother's house in Connecticut.  Of course I am always finishing at the last minute.  I was able to finish the machine quilting on Saturday and got the binding sewn down. Now I just have to add a label!

More baskets!  The baskets I have made since the last post!
I also have been working on one of the inner borders of a four block applique quilt.  This block is from the Blackbird Designs book "Country Inn".  I have been trying to decide what kind of border to use..  first I tried half-square triangles, then a piping, then prairie points...  I think I like the checkerboard best.  What do you think?

Of course there is always a kitty around to help with the process. 
This is 3 year old Abby.

Happy Quilting!

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...