Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US today!  I am sure all of you have so much to be thankful for, as do I.  And I am sure lots of you have some cooking planned for today - I know I do!

First, just an update on what I have been doing lately.  I know I have not been blogging much but we have been doing some redecorating in the house so that has been where a lot of my creative energy has been going. (Besides everything being pulled apart makes me just a little crazy. LOL)
But that doesn't mean I have been totally without some projects.  Here are some art pins I made this week which are now in my Etsy shop.  So much fun and quick projects that are pure 'play'.  I really like working small sometimes!
Also I finished a wedding gift for a very dear friend that is getting married this weekend.   This is called Zen Chevron by Zen Chic.  It is 72" x 72" and I am so excited to give it to her and her husband. 
I chose a matching back that had a stylized heart on it. 
My machine quilter, Janice Jamison, did an awesome job on the quilting.  This pattern is called Puddling. 
And of course the quilt label.  That Happily Ever After stamp is the same one they used on their wedding invitations.  Hope she is not reading my blog!!
I am so happy for Andrea.  She has waited a long time, caring for aging parents, to get to this time in her life!  Here we are last week at the office shower for her and Jeff.  We have worked together and have been friends for many, many years. (She's the one with the Bride button. LOL)
I even made a small art pin for her using some of the pieces left over from the bouquet wrap I made for her flowers.  
This just about sums it up.  I can't wait for Saturday and to be part of their special day!

I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving day and cherish those around you.  
Now I have to get my turkey in the oven!

Happy Stitching!

Deb

2 comments:

  1. HI Deb!! I'd agree redecorating is very time consuming. Lots of fun too! Isn't it the best feeling to create such a wonderful wedding gift for your friend. I love the Zen pattern and the colors you used make it a winner. Happy to see ya back on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathise with your feeling when redecorating and moving stuff around! However, love the fact that you were able to make these beautiful art pins, they're little beauties. As I write this you may be getting ready for the wedding, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...