Saturday, October 18, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - Challenging month!

This month's color at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at So Scrappy is....... Brown, Gray or Black.  Hmmmm.... I found this a bit challenging indeed!  My Offset Log Cabin blocks have been delightful rainbow-like. :-)  I was a little stumped when I saw the color selection from Angela .  I don't have a lot of brown in my stash, nor did I think it would go with my blocks.  So I moved onto Gray or Black. I decided that gray was definitely the way to go.
Although skeptical at first, I am really delighted with the way these came out. 
I have been trying to increase my gray pallet, so this was a good place to use them.
I was focusing on value in both of these blocks.  This being the lighter one.
And one slightly darker.
 

Lucy didn't care much about value.. other than how soft they were to lay on.
 
Happy Stitching,
 
Deb 
  Check out the other wonderful October blocks at RSC2014. I'm linking up there.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. The RSC has challenged me to use gray more often and I have enjoyed it. Your gray fabric selections are wonderful - soothing, yet softly colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I like the gray..I hadn't thought of that... now I wish I had! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you gave gray a try. Your blocks look wonderful and will fit into your quilt great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your grey blocks, they're stunners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grey blocks came out great! So glad Lucy approves.... and I loved her last post. Such a talented girl she is and so busy helping you with your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect choice of fabrics! Cute blocks. Who could tell you were stumped at first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt the same way about using the brown, but it works. Beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your blocks and the greys are so neat! I used the brown and still have to do the grey/black.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...