Friday, August 16, 2013

A Quilters Get Together

This past Wednesday evening I invited a couple quilting girlfriends over for a get together.  We hadn't done this in quite awhile; far less than we used to. You know how life gets in the way... work, grandkids, crazy schedules, etc.  So it was great to spend the evening together relaxing and catching up with each other (even though I work with Karin - we don't always get to talk about quilting!).
The table was set for a pleasant evening on the deck.  I made this quilted table topper several years ago just for this purpose.  I love using quilts in my table settings.  This one is all batiks and is designed based on a quilt from the Edyta Sitar book, Hop To It!.
I called it Sangria. 
Of course quilters can never get together without show-n-tell!
 This is a Grumpy Ladybug quilt top that Marie put together.  It's adorable!
 She also showed us a really cute baby quilt she is making.  She would like to big stich hearts in those white blocks.  I think it would look great!  Go for it Marie!
She also made this table topper for her sister.  Pieced and needs to be quilted.  The colors are wonderful!  (I think Marie has been pretty busy!) Nice to be retired. : - )  Great job!
 Karin is a quilter and knitter.  And not just a knitter, but an exceptional knitter!  Here is a sweet little sweater she is making for a friend's new adopted baby.  So cute. 
And also this sweet little 'cocoon'.  This so cute for a newborn.  I love the varigated pink yard.  She does beautiful work!
Finally, we have the block I am currently working on, Sideboard Bounty for the Bountiful Life quilt.  It is coming along nicely and I am pleased with the changes I have made.  Almost done with this one!

It was a fun evening and I look forward to doing it again soon!
 
Happy Stitching!
 
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,

    Beautiful block! At my Apple class trying to figure out how to respond to your blog.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...