Friday, May 10, 2013

Little Bit of This... and A Little Bit of That

I wanted to show you the progress I have made on the last block I am making from the Sweet Sixteen quilt.  You know how it is when you get almost to the end of something... sometimes mentally you have already moved onto another project?  That's where I am.  I have been working on these blocks (on and off) for 2+ years.  I want this block finished! 
 So here is the block ... almost done.  I need to finish a stem and add a few more leaves.  The next time you see this block it will be sewn into the wallquilt with the other 8 blocks.  Whew!  (Then I'll have to think about the borders...)

I also was busy yesterday making dog biscuits for the Pet Adoption League's (PAL) bake sale on Saturday.  I usually bake for their monthly bake sale to raise money for homeless pets.  They look good and I added the pawprint ribbon to make them appealing to the owners.. I really don't think the dogs care. : - )  If you would like the recipe for these easy dog biscuits, just leave a comment and I will get it to you.  They are a big hit! 
The Sweet Hearts quilt continues to grow with another row added this week.  It doesn't even fit on the big ironing board now! 

Gracie and Abby (sisters) were rescues from PAL.
Here they are the day we brought them home to their forever home. : - )

Happy Stitching!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...