Sunday, March 24, 2013

What a Difference a Week Makes.....

Last week I shared some photos of my quilting studio where I planned to spend National Quilting Day.  Well this week, unfortunately, it looks quite a bit different.  We had water backup in the sink in the bathroom next to my studio.  It came from a blocked drain pipe that the washing machine goes to, which emptied all over the floor in the bathroom, my studio, utility room, and my small office....... 

This is how my studio looks this week..  What a mess.  We called the plumber to unblock the pipe and mopped up as much water as we could before the remediation guys could get here.  You can see that I can't even get to my sewing machine anymore. : - (  Fortunately, no damage to fabric or the sewing machine!
They have set up dryers, dehumidifiers, and removed about a foot of wallboard from the office, left side of the studio, bathroom and utility room.  The soaked carpet was taken out and the flooring will have to come up.
You can see it is going to be awhile until I can get to my worktable or any of my fabric.
But while pulling everything apart I found this little quilt on the wall behind a basket of fabric.... It is called "Home is Where Our Hearts Are"
I designed this in March 2008.  It is silk with hearts made in various materials & techniques.
It reminded me that home is more than carpet and flooring.....
It will all get cleaned up and put back to the way it was.. In the meantime I have plenty of hand stitching to keep me busy.... Including my Sweet Hearts.
I just need to relax, like Abby!

Happy Stitching!
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, accidents like that are part of home too. I hope it doesn't take too long before you can get to your fabrics again......

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear your thoughts! I will try my best to reply however, if you are a No Reply Blogger I will not be able to comment. If you would like, please include your email address so I can reply. Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...